Saturday, January 16, 2010

How can I control my dynamics with the violin?

Ive been doing GCSE music with my violin, and my first time i did well, but my teacher says i need to change my dynamics more, I can play louder, but I don't know how to play quieter, can someone please help??How can I control my dynamics with the violin?
To play softer.


Tip the bow stick away from you so that you are only using some of the bow hairs.


Most of us have little difficulty playing soft. We have problems playing too soft.


To play louder you make sure that the bow stick is directly above the hairs so that you are using all of them. You also apply pressure with your first finger of the right hand.How can I control my dynamics with the violin?
Just don't slide your bow too quickly or apply too much pressure.





Actually, don't apply a lot of pressure anyway. It'll make the violin have a ';nails on chalkboard'; sound.





Usually, on sheet music, the quieter they make the dynamics, the longer the notes. That's because they expect you to use less bow to make it quiet.
Don't play louder and that will be softer. Tell your tutor.

No comments:

Post a Comment