Saturday, January 16, 2010

Murano AWD with or without dynamic control?

I'm thinking about getting a 2007 Nissan Murano with AWD. I'd like to get the dynamic control package which includes stability and traction control but the way Nissan has things put together you have to get an additional very costly package just in order to get these two options.





For typical Boston / New England driving conditions would AWD be enough or should I put out the extra cash for the dynamic control options?





Having said that - I've been thinking a lot about all this safety stuff. Am I falling for all the hype about traction and stability control? Is all that I've read about the dangers of not having these just making me paranoid????Murano AWD with or without dynamic control?
my wife and i try to order murano with dynamic control but after six months of waiting and child just born we went with SL awd with touring package. this past winter we drove our murano fine in the snow and ice. Murano awd already come equip with a button to lock in awd for road condition you can't see pavement.





i think your getting traction control and dynamic control option confused. Traction control come with Awd system which kick the other wheels when needed





Dynamic control basically help you get vehicle back in straight line for a sudden movement by computer tapping on a brake on a wheel or two.





after this winter, we can live without dynamic option.Murano AWD with or without dynamic control?
Those ';options'; are very useful. Can you live without them? Sure... but I'd rather lived without nissan... which, by the way I do with utmost pleasure because instead of fighting over stupid rules imposed by a company that can be classified as modest at the very best in terms of quality of its products, I bought a 4Runner for $26,000 that has better quality, better ride, better gas mileage, comes with all options like active traction/stability control, ABS, etc., and is also a REAL 4WD.
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment