Saturday, January 16, 2010

How can i gain control of dynamics (piano)?

My left hand cant play a scale without the individual notes changing volume from high too low etc, and the same is for my right hand. i cant control the dynamics of my playing





Its like its all random. My performance is based on how easy the piano is too control and just random luck.





Help?How can i gain control of dynamics (piano)?
When I have problems like this, the first thing I do, is SLOW WAAAAAYYYYY DOWN.


Do some exercises VERY slowly, concentrating very much on how hard you are hitting each note.


Maybe even play some extremely slow scales, one note at a time, hitting each note say, at ten different levels of loudness, one right after another, then go onto the next note.





Do it all over again, matching the left and right hands, in unison.


Tedious, I know, but it's the only way I know, to break bad habits, because if you don't go really slow, you just go right back into autopilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment