Saturday, January 16, 2010

Why does Mazda NOT offer Dynamic Stability Control w/Traction Control with the new Hardtop Miatas??

I have a base model 350Z now, which DOESN'T have LSD or Traction Control or #*%*( Stability Control either.....Even though I'd be stepping down HP wise, I like the new Hardtop Miatas, BUT NOT if I CAN'T get DSC w/Traction Control!! Did Mazda think a Hardtop would keep the Miata from losing traction?? LMAO!!Why does Mazda NOT offer Dynamic Stability Control w/Traction Control with the new Hardtop Miatas??
I seriously have no idea. I'd never buy a car without TCS and DSC.





What's even stranger is that European MX-5 models have both system standard - even with 1.8 liter engine! Mechanicaly, the cars are identical so why they are not equipped equally? You guys in the US should pressure manufacturers to put more safety features into the cars.





You're absolutely right, 350Z_Man...


Miata is the world's best selling roadster and I seriously doubt it's only because of girls. This car is fun to drive, very reliable and handles better than any muscle car.





And, of course, you can switch off DSC and TCS when you want. It's just that I don't see a point in fighting my car on an icy road on my way to supermarket.Why does Mazda NOT offer Dynamic Stability Control w/Traction Control with the new Hardtop Miatas??
I think that one of the highest merits of the miata is its perceived ';purity.'; This includes its reputation as being exceptionally lightweight. While the things that you mention are wonderful on other cars, the miata has an 'image' to maintain, and extra gadgets add to its proverbial waistline.
adding stuff or not is about marketing and kept low the price of the car, when mazda decide to put an insane HP and rasing the level of the sport car then they will add that stuff





but for now, they just want to kept the miata good enough for the price, and for the low HP the miata has is not that neccesary add the traction thing





350z has like 300HP and for that is more necesary having tcs than miata with 150HP
Adding DSC with TC on a finely engineered sports car is like being in a fine steakhouse asking the Chef for Steak sauce. It is bad manners which insults the Chef and is not needed. The Steak is cooked to perfection, so is the case with a Mazda Mx5.
While I understand a need for LSD, I don't for traction control.


One more reason I have for keeping the ones I have.


The Miata was not conceived as a girlie car, but with the stability control it would be.
I agree, I wouldn't want either of traction contorl or stability control either on a miata... or a 350Z, for that matter. Way to take the feel out of the car. The LSD would be nice though, I love the extra traction on my 82 RX-7 GSL with the LSD
Frankly I would never want that on my car... nor would I get the optional ABS. Anything that puts a computerized system between the driver and how the car responds goes against everything a sports car was designed for... A Miata can provide lateral g's of 1.0 or if you add a few select parts and the right tires 1.1.... now if you think you still need traction control with a car that can already give you that type of handling then I suggest you don't need a car in the first place. All those traction control and stability control devices are really only worthwhile on those silly top heavy SUVs that tend to be over driven for what they can do... they don't belong on a sports car unless its being sold to idiots that can't drive in the first place...
I love my 96 Miata which is my everyday driver. Weekends it's the 67 Camaro. And yeah, only an idiot would say the Miata is a chick's car. Why should the women have all the fun.





As for your question, Dynamic Stability Control w/Traction Control isn't offered because it it isn't needed.
You could get the Grand Touring Special Edition - it has the Dynamic Stability Control with the TCS, but it is only available in the cloth top. Guess Mazda hasn't decided it is needed/wanted in the US and they are floating this as a trial balloon. Hmmmm...cool hard top or stability. Go slower and have more fun.
same
Miatas are for chicks man.

No comments:

Post a Comment